It is a myth to say that rushing works and that you’ll get ahead sooner. You won’t.
I discuss this in Module 13 of the primer, Take it to the Next Level, How to Rise in Life.
Actually, the opposite is true.
Slowing down and taking our time guarantees best results.
Today is a grey day in Toronto. It’s not very inspirational, yet I felt that that this was the right moment to write a blog post, like a turtle poking it’s head out of its shell.
Turtles move slowly, but do get ahead. So can you.
So what happens when we move more slowly? How exactly are we better positioned to take it to a higher level and rise in life when we don’t rush?
Everything we do in life requires energy and involves movements of such. When we slow down and make strategic moves, we reduce the amount of energy that is expended. If we engage in too many activities, our energy is dissipated (diluted) and hence less effective, less powerful.
Our reactions to the energy of others is better managed. We can choose when, how and if we react to ‘energy displays’ by others. There are various such displays but each one is intended to either bring us closer to, or take us farther from, our objectives. After all, everyone has objectives but only a few of these will truly align with ours.
What I call turtle moves are actually some of the fastest moves we can make because it’s almost as if we are manipulating time to our advantage. By not reacting when it’s not time or when others expect us to react for their purposes, we are focusing on ourselves and our own growth.
In a way, this can be compared to the Tao which is reversal.
Slow means fast (the writer’s interpretation) | Photo by Djim Loic on Unsplash
When we do turtle moves, we become very successful! If you think about it, our earthly lifetimes are quite short and how we choose to spend our time is one of the most important considerations! If you think about how you spend money—a commodity—shouldn’t you consider how to spend time?
Examples of turtle moves
In the event that you’re wondering what turtle moves look like, here’s a partial list:
- Don’t jump to react to an energy display—positive or negative. Take your time.
- About an energy display and how to react, ask yourself, If I react to this, will it move me closer to my goals / objectives, or take me farther away?
- Examine your personal zeitgeist. This has to do with ‘feeling vibes.’ Does the moment appear conducive for ‘making a move,’ or is there something off which is telling you ‘to wait a little.’
- Heed your intuition. For a fuller understanding, read a blog post I wrote about this for Arianna Huffington’s Thrive Global here.
- Poke your head out. Before making a turtle move, poke your head out to get the lay of the land. Things may have changed out there while you were ‘inside your shell’!
As I write this blog, the ‘fog’ is slowly lifting from Toronto’s grey sky.
As I write, the lay of the land is changing. There are glimmers of hope that the sun will come out.
It’s time to make a turtle move and publish this blog!
Let’s Take it to the Next Level together. Book your appointment today,
Featured image (turtle) credit: Photo by Randall Ruiz on Unsplash